Getting students ready for kindergarten is a two-step process: first, kindergarten registration, and then, kindergarten screening. Kindergarten registration is more focused on the technical side of things while kindergarten screening is more focused on ensuring your child is prepared for kindergarten. We’ve included information about both equally important steps below.
will take place on Tuesday, April 4 and Wednesday, April 5 1:00-7:00 PM
at the Greeneview Board of Education office (4 S. Charleston Rd. Jamestown, OH 45335)
You will need to bring the following documents with you:
- your child's official birth certificate
- health and shot records
- custody papers (if applicable)
- proof of residency
- parent/guardian government-issued I.D.
For more details regarding required documents for registration, click here
Part of kindergarten registration includes completing required OneView forms. We will have devices available if you would like to wait and complete these forms in person on April 4 or 5. If you would, however, prefer to complete these forms ahead of time to ensure a quicker visit at kindergarten screening, you can complete them here at your convenience. Whether you plan to complete these forms in advance or while at the Board office, families are expected to attend kindergarten registration in person.
If you already have a OneView parent account, you can log in and complete a new enrollment form for your kindergartener. You will need to upload a PDF of your child’s official birth certificate, health and shot records, custody papers (if applicable), and proof of residency to the online form.
Please note: Your child does not need to be present for kindergarten registration.
Parents who would prefer to complete the online submission portion prior to coming to the Board Office may due so following the steps below (optional).
1. Click here (OneView) to begin the online enrollment process by creating a parent account in OneView (If you already have a OneView account with Greeneview Local Schools, please log in to that account). After creating an account and logging in, please select the "New Student Registration" option (even if your student shows up in OneView that is currently attending preschool, please select "New Student Registration".)
2. Make sure to select "Enrollment is for 2023-24."
3. You are able to upload the required documentation during the new student enrollment form, but you still need to bring those required documents to registration day.
4. Transportation Opt-In form is located in Oneview at the top after you complete the New Student Registration. Complete this if you need transportation for your new kindergartener.
5. Please make sure to still bring your child’s required documentation on April 4th and 5th from 1pm-7pm at 4 South Charleston Rd. Jamestown Ohio 45335
will take place on Tuesday, May 30 and Wednesday, May 31 (specific time will be determined with each family at registration)
at Greeneview Elementary School (53 N. Limestone St. Jamestown, OH 45335)
The screening includes hearing, vision, and various other basic evaluations. This is not designed to determine acceptance but as a support to the parents. Parents' decision and the child’s age are the determining factors in kindergarten entrance. This screening is important and appropriate even for children who may have been screened last year.